Refreshing lemon loaf cake and is addictive…
This is such a simple loaf cake yet tastes delicious and the best part is this cake refreshes you to the core. I warn you it’s truly addictive. I baked this last Sunday to wrap up the weekend with a delicious treat and of course baked exclusively for my Man. I love baking and I’m always up for a simple cake without any frosting and whipped cream on it. Hence, this is my kind of cake.
Recipe courtesy: Joyofbaking
- All purpose flour- 1½ cups
- Baking powder- ½ tsp
- Baking soda- ⅛ tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp
- White Sugar- 1⅓ cups
- Lemon zest- from one lemon
- Butter, unsalted- ¾ cup, at room temperature
- Cream Cheese- 115 grams or 4 ounces
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Eggs- 3 large, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with butter, dust with flour; keep aside.
- In a large bowl: combine together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
- Using a grater, finely grate the lemon zest.
- Combine the sugar with the lemon zest. Keep aside.
- Use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer.
- If using stand mixer, use paddle attachment.
- Into the stand mixer bowl, add the butter and cream cheese.
- Beat on medium speed till they turn smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a spatula.
- Add vanilla extract and sugar mixed with lemon zest. Beat on medium speed till mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs- one at a time and beat after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowls a couple of times and beat again to ensure even mixing.
- Add the prepared flour mix in 2 additions, combine well after each addition till well incorporated.
- Pour the batter onto the greased loaf pan. Even out the top of the batter.
- Place in the preheated oven on the middle rack.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes till a fork inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let cool down on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Cut into thick wedges and enjoy- perfect for breakfast or along with evening tea/coffee.