Chicken, veggies, and noodles stir-fried together, this will make a perfect one-pot meal for lunch or dinner…
This is one of my favorite noodle recipes and I make this quite often. I’ve only used a couple of sauces like soy sauce and hoisin sauce; these are always found in my refrigerator. These sauces add so much flavor to this dish. The key ingredient that enhances the flavor of this noodle stir fry is pure sesame oil- a little bit of sesame oil goes a long way. This is a must-add towards the end.
Do give this recipe a try, can be served for lunch or dinner, and the leftovers can be refrigerated.
- Chicken, boneless cubed- 2 chicken breasts
- Soy sauce, low-sodium-1 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce- 1 tbsp
- Corn starch- 2 tbsp
- Ground black pepper- ½ tsp
- Oil- 2½ tbsp
- Ginger, grated- 1 tsp (optional)
- Garlic, grated- 1 tsp
- Green onions, minced- 2 stalks
- Onion, sliced thin- 1
- Green pepper, thin wedges- 1
- Red pepper, thin wedges- 1
- Chow mein noodles, cooked- 3 bowls
- Soy sauce, low-sodium- 2 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce- 2 tbsp
- Rice vinegar- 1 tbsp (optional)
- Water- 2 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients mentioned for 'marinating chicken'. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Cook chow mein noodles in boiling water till they turn soft, drain the water and keep it aside. Drizzle 1tsp oil to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Place a wok over medium heat, add 1½ tbsp oil.
- Add grated ginger and garlic, stir fry till golden.
- Add green onions, stir fry for a minute.
- Add chicken, stir fry till chicken turns light brown.
- Keep aside the cooked chicken.
- On the same wok placed over high heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Add onion, stir fry till golden.
- Add green and red peppers, stir fry till they are slightly cooked.
- Add cooked chicken, stir fry for a minute.
- Add soy sauce and hoisin sauce, stir fry.
- Add chow mein noodles, stir fry.
- Add 2 tbsp water and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar, this is optional. Stir fry.
- Add cilantro and 1 tsp sesame oil, stir fry for a minute.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy while its warm.