Aromatic & healthy mint chicken curry cooked in the Instant Pot…
On a cold day or when you feel under the weather, this mint chicken curry will make you feel better. I’ve used freshly picked mint leaves from my herb garden which has made this dish so special.
- Garlic- 2 to 3 cloves
- Ginger- 1-inch slice
- Green chilies- 2 (optional, if you want this curry to be spicy add green chilies)
- Whole black peppercorns- 1 tsp (1/2 tsp for less heat)
- Whole cardamom- 3
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Green onions- 2 stalks or ¼ cup
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Mint leaves- 1 cup
- Water- ½ cup
- Onion, chopped- 2
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Chicken breast or boneless chicken- 2 chicken breasts or thighs
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Into a blender jar, add all the ingredients mentioned 'for making paste'. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Into the stainless steel pot, dump all the ingredients mentioned 'for pressure cooking'.
- Add the ground paste & combine well.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- On the Instant Pot, select the pressure cook setting. Set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- After 10 minutes of pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, combine the mint chicken curry well.
- There will be sufficient gravy in the pot, if you prefer thick gravy you can cook in saute setting for 3 to 4 minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Serve into a bowl & enjoy with rice, chapati, or upma.