Battered Cauliflower air fried in T-Fal Actifry and stir fried in an amazing sauce…
If you shy away from deep frying like me, T-Fal Actifry will be a great addition to your kitchen. Before owning an Airfryer, for deep frying I always used less oil or went with pan frying or baking or grilling. T-Fal Actifry is just phenomenal, now I can make all the crispy snacks that I love in very less oil, as a result I’ll have less calorie intake. Healthy frying it is!
I’ve been trying a few simple recipes in the Actifry like fries, sweet potato fries, corn on the cob and also made peri-peri seasoned chicken drumsticks (recipe on its way).
This cauliflower fritter stir fry is one of my favorite vegetarian appetizers, this is an Indo-Chinese recipe. Cauliflower is first dipped in a rice/corn starch batter and air fried till crispy and then stir fried in an amazing soy-honey sauce. A must try and will be loved by everyone.
- All purpose flour- ½ cup
- Corn starch- ¼ cup (or rice flour)
- Ground black pepper- a few pinches
- Salt- a few pinches
- Water- ½ cup
- Cauliflower, florets- 1½ cups
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Garlic, minced- 1 clove
- Ginger, minced- 1 inch slice
- Dried red chilies- 2, halved
- Red Chili sauce- 1 tbsp
- Soy Sauce, low-sodium- 3 tbsp
- Honey- ½ tbsp
- Rice Vinegar- ½ tbsp (optional)
- Sesame seeds- ½ tbsp
- Green onions, chopped- 2 stalks
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 handfuls
- In a bowl- combine all purpose flour, corn starch, salt and ground black pepper along with water and make into a smooth batter.
- Dip cauliflower florets in the batter.
- Place the battered florets onto the Actifry basket (snacking grill accessory). Drizzle with 1 tbsp oil evenly over the florets.
- Place the basket into the Actifry.
- Select Mode 3 for battered snacks, default time is 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the basket from the Actifry and keep aside.
- Place a pan over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add minced garlic and ginger, saute till light golden.
- Add dried red chilies, saute for 3 seconds.
- Add red chili sauce, soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar; combine well.
- Add air fried cauliflower fritters, combine well in the sauce.
- Add sesame seeds, combine well.
- Add cilantro and green onions, stir fry for a minute.
- Serve the cauliflower fritter stir fry on a platter and enjoy.