Delicious & filling Spinach Potato Paratha…
Add the mashed potatoes & spinach to the flour & make it into a soft dough. Flatten the dough balls & cook the parathas drizzled with ghee. Can be served with any kind of curries.
- Mashed potatoes- 2
- All-purpose flour or whole wheat flour- 2 cups
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Chili powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Spinach, chopped- 1 cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Combine all the ingredients, knead into a soft dough.
- Add water little by little till a soft dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp oil over the kneaded dough & combine well.
- Make into medium-sized balls- 10 balls.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough balls into a round shape, dust with flour.
- Heat a pan or tawa over medium heat.
- Grease the pan with ghee.
- Place the rolled dough.
- Let the bottom side warm up- for 30 seconds.
- Flip over, cook for a few minutes till light golden brown spots form on the bottom side.
- Using a spatula press the edges so that the edges will cook as well.
- Flip over and cook the other side as well.
- Let brown spots form on both sides.
- Spread ½ tsp ghee over the cooked paratha.
- Transfer to a plate & cook the remaining rolled dough.
- To keep the parathas warm, cover the plate with aluminum foil.
- Can be served with any kind of curries- veg or non-veg.