Aromatic and flavorful basil pesto combined with chicken and pasta, one of my favorite pasta dishes…
I literally love anything that has pesto in it: pesto pizza, pesto chicken, pesto pasta, pesto noodles etc etc, the list is endless. Sometimes, I even combine cooked rice with pesto and the bland rice gets flavorful and delicious in no time.
Though pesto can be made with spinach, sun dried tomato, olives etc, my favorite has always been basil pesto. For that reason, basil pesto is always seen in my refrigerator. When I get fresh basil leaves I make them from scratch, else I get the permade pesto from the store.
One of my favorite one pot meals is pesto pasta and I make this quite often. I also add chicken and peppers, combine with pesto and pasta. The aroma, the flavor and the taste of this simple dish is just addictive…
- Chicken breasts cubed, boneless- 2
- Green pepper, diced- 1
- Red pepper, diced- 1
- Basil Pesto- 4 to 5 tbsp
- Ground pepper- ½ tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Spinach fettuccine or any other pasta- ½ pack
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- You could either make fresh pesto or use store bought ones.
- Cook the fettuccine (I used spinach fettuccine) or any other pasta in boiling water seasoned with salt till the pasta turns tender. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Place a wide pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add cubed chicken, season with ground pepper and salt.
- Cook the chicken covered till it has cooked well.
- Add green pepper and red pepper, stir fry for a few minutes till they turn slightly tender. Do not over cook them.
- Add the basil pesto, combine well,
- Add the cooked fettuccine and combine everything well.
- If you want add more pesto, ground pepper and salt according to your needs.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve the pesto chicken pasta in a bowl and enjoy this flavorful and aromatic dish.