Crispiest, succulent fried chicken made in the Instant Pot air fryer…
Who doesn’t love fried chicken? If it’s made healthy & guilt-free, that will be a win. This is the best recipe ever, the chicken tasted amazing.
Chicken drumsticks have turned super crispy outside & tender succulent inside. For making the chicken moist & tender it has to be soaked in buttermilk for at least 8 hours. After that, coated with flour mix, egg & cornflake crumbs. Air fried for 30 minutes & they are ready to be enjoyed.
Enjoy the crunch & moist chicken along with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Chicken drumsticks- 8 to 10 (with skin)
- Buttermilk- 3 cups
- All-purpose flour- 1 cup
- Paprika- 2 tsp
- Ground black pepper- ½ to 1 tsp
- Dried oregano- 2 tsp
- Garlic powder- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Eggs- 2
- Cornflake crumbs- 3 cups
- In a deep dish, place the chicken drumsticks & pour the buttermilk over the chicken.
- Cover the dish with cling wrap.
- Let soak in the refrigerator for 8 hours to 24 hours.
- Before air frying, have everything ready.
- I've used Instant Pot Duo crisp & air fryer.
- Place the stainless steel pot into the main pot.
- Place the air fryer basket into the stainless steel pot.
- Place the broil tray into the air fryer basket.
- Grease the broil tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- On a plate, spread the flour.
- Add paprika, ground black pepper, dried oregano, garlic powder & salt. Combine well.
- To a wide bowl, crack 2 eggs.
- Using a fork or whisk, beat the eggs well.
- On a plate, spread the cornflake crumbs.
- If you have plain cornflake cereal, coarsely crush them and place on a plate.
- Or use breadcrumbs. Cornflake crumbs will make the outside of the chicken very crispy.
- Take the chicken out of the refrigerator.
- Take the chicken out of the buttermilk, drain the buttermilk & give it a shake.
- First, coat with the flour mix, then dip in egg & coat well.
- Finally, coat with cornflake crumbs.
- Place the chicken on the broil tray.
- I was able to place 5 chicken drumsticks, don't crowd them.
- Close the pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select Air fry, temperature 400 F or 200 C, time 30 minutes.
- Halfway through, after 15 minutes of air frying open the lid.
- Using a tong, gently flip the chicken over.
- Close the pot with the lid & let air fry for the remaining 15 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of air frying. Open the lid.
- Using a tong, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Enjoy the crispiest, juicy & succulent air fryer fried chicken with your favorite dipping sauce.