Crispy, crunchy, healthy & the best French fries ever…
Fries air fried in the Instant Pot, these have turned super crispy & crunchy. Air fried with less than a teaspoon of oil, hence it’s healthy.
I’ve used Instant Pot duo crisp & air fryer for making the fries.
- Russet Potatoes- 3
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Ground black pepper
- I've taken russet potatoes. Ensure to take similar sizes.
- Wash the potatoes & peel off the skin.
- Pat dry the potatoes with kitchen paper towel.
- If you have a french fry cutter use that for cutting into wedges, wedges will be even.
- If not use a sharp knife- half the potato vertically, again cut each halves vertically into equal halves.
- Cut into thin wedges.
- Pat dry the wedges with kitchen paper towel.
- Place the air fryer basket into the stainless steel pot.
- Grease the basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the wedges into the basket.
- Spread it evenly, make into a bed. Don't stack up the wedges.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shake the air fryer basket.
- Close the Instant Pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select Air Fry, set temperature to 375 F, time 25 minutes. Click start.
- Halfway through, after 13 minutes of air frying.
- Open the lid. The pot & basket are super hot.
- Wear mitten and shake the air fryer basket, for even mixing & air frying.
- Close with the lid & continue air frying for the remaining 12 minutes.
- After total of 25 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- I found, thin wedges have turned crispy & golden brown & thick wedges are not that crispy.
- Keep aside the thin wedges.
- Let's air fry the thick wedges for 5 more minutes.
- Close the pot with the lid, select air fry, temperature 375 F, time 5 minutes. Click start.
- After 5 minutes of air frying, thick wedges will turn crispy.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Season with ground black pepper & salt.
- Enjoy right away with tomato ketchup.
- Canadians enjoy fries with white vinegar, drizzle a teaspoon of white vinegar over the fries and enjoy with ketchup. It's Yum.