Sharjah Shake, popular milkshake in Kerala…
This is not the popular milkshake of Sharjah, instead, it’s Kerala’s favorite milkshake. Sharjah shake was founded in Calicut in the 80’s, since then this has been the most favorite milkshake of Keralites. Teenagers favorite, in fact, loved by both kids and adults.
During my college days, I’ve enjoyed Sharjah shake with my friends. So many sweet memories associated with this popular milkshake.
Make homemade Sharjah shake in your kitchen with simple ingredients. The key ingredients are frozen milk and banana. Turns out in most milkshake bars in Kerala, either horlicks or boost is added. They are the malt-based nutritional drink powders and imparts the malty flavor to the shake. I bought horlicks from the Indian store and added to the Sharjah shake.
Turned out yummy. I did share this popular milkshake with the Canadian kids in my neighborhood and they all loved it.
How to Make Sharjah Shake Video
- Frozen Milk- 2 cups
- Banana, ripe- 2 small bananas or 1 large banana
- Horlicks- 2 tbsp (Must Add)
- Brown Sugar or White Sugar- ½ to 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts- 6
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp (optional)
- To freeze milk: pour 2 cups milk into a Ziploc bag and place it in the freezer.
- To slightly crush the milk, smash the bag with a rolling pin.
- Into a blender, add the crushed frozen milk.
- If using small bananas, add 2. Or use 1 regular ripe banana.
- Add bananas, horlicks, brown sugar, cashew nuts and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Adding vanilla extract is optional. If added, the shake will taste delicious.
- Blend into a smooth milkshake.
- Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.
- If you want to make this shake even more delicious, you can top with a scoop of ice cream- yum yum.