Healthy & quick fix wheat upma…
Samba wheat or broken wheat is made by milling raw whole wheat grains coarsely, as a result, it’s not refined or processed. The healthiest version of wheat with amazing health benefits. It’s rich in fiber, calcium, iron, proteins & carbohydrates.
Different kinds of dishes can be made out of it. I’ve made upma, a popular South Indian dish out of it, tasted really good.
It’s an easy recipe & can be made served with chutney or other curries for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Health Benefits of Samba Wheat or Borken Wheat
- Coconut Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Chana dal- ½ tbsp
- Urad dal- 1 tsp
- Dried red chilies- 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Onions, chopped- 1
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Green chilies, chopped- 1 or 2
- Ginger, minced- ½ tbsp
- Water- 2 cups
- Samba Wheat rava or Broken wheat- 1½ cups
- Cashew nuts or Peanuts- 10
- Ghee- 1 tbsp
- Place a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil, mustard seeds let splutter.
- Add chana dal & urad dal, let turn golden brown.
- Add dried red chilies & curry leaves.
- Add onions, season with salt.
- Add green chilies & ginger.
- Cook till onions turn light golden in color.
- Add water, let the water boil.
- Add wheat rava, keep stirring & combine well.
- Cook covered for a few minutes till rava turns soft.
- Add cashew nuts & ghee, cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Enjoy with chutney or any curries.