Delicious Asian-style fried rice with Sona Masoori rice…
Fried rice is a popular and versatile dish that can be made with different types of rice, including Sona Masoori rice.
Sona Masoori rice is a medium-grain rice variety widely used in Indian and Southeast Asian cuisine. It is known for its fragrant aroma, delicate texture, and ability to absorb flavors well.
When I have leftover Sona Masoori, I make this fried rice with it & have it for dinner or the next day’s lunch. This can be served along with baked, grilled, or pan-fried chicken, salmon or steak. Flavorful, filling & absolutely delicious.
- Sesame oil- 2 tbsp
- Garlic, chopped- 2 garlic cloves
- Ginger, chopped- 1-inch slice
- Green onion, chopped- 3 tbsp
- Dried red chili flakes- 1 tsp
- Onion, sliced- 1
- Mixed veggies, chopped- 1½ cups (red pepper. green pepper, peas, carrot)
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp
- Hoisin sauce- 2 tbsp
- Cooked sona masoori rice- 4 cups (or add basmati rice)
- Sesame seeds- 1 tbsp
- Green onions, chopped- 3 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- If you have leftover cooked sona masoori, you can turn that into fried rice for dinner or for the next day's lunch, great for kid's lunch box as well.
- Place a large pan or wok over medium heat.
- Add sesame oil or vegetable oil, let turn hot.
- Add garlic, ginger chopped & saute till golden in color.
- Add green onions, saute for a few seconds.
- Add chili flakes, saute for a few seconds, don't burn them.
- Add sliced onions, saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add mixed veggies & cook till veggies turn slightly soft, you can add green pepper, red pepper, mushrooms, carrots & peas.
- Stir fry over high heat till veggies turn light golden in color.
- Add soy sauce & hoisin sauce, stir fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked rice, stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds, combine well.
- Finally, garnish with green onions & cilantro, combine well.
- Serve on a plate & enjoy along with baked or grilled chicken, salmon or steak, or with vegetarian curries of your choice.