Fragrant, colorful & flavorful vegetable pulao or pilaf cooked in the Instant Pot…
In the Instant Pot, it’s a breeze cooking pulao & this is my favorite recipe. I make this quite often, can be enjoyed as it is along with raita, or can be served with our favorite curries, or grilled chicken, steak, or seafood.
Incredibly delicious & flavorful.
- Ghee- 2 tbsp
- Whole green cardamoms- 3
- Dried bay leaves- 2
- Beetroot, diced- 2, medium-sized
- Carrot, diced- 1
- Onion, diced- 1
- Green beans- ½ cup (cut into 1-inch slice)
- Ginger-garlic paste- ½ tbsp
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Fennel powder- 1 tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- White basmati rice- 2 cups, rinsed
- Vegetable or chicken stock- 2¼ cups
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Select saute setting on the Instant Pot. The temperature should be normal or medium.
- Let the stainless steel pot turn hot.
- Add ghee, add cardamoms & dried bay leaves. Saute for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables & ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the spices, combine well.
- Saute for 2 minutes.
- Take the white basmati rice in a strainer, rinse under running water. Don't have to soak the rice.
- Add the rinsed basmati rice, combine well.
- Add vegetable or chicken stock, combine well.
- Vegetable or chicken stock has salt in it, so add salt accordingly.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook setting, set time to 6 minutes at high pressure.
- After 6 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid, aromatic & fluffy vegetable pulao will be ready.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
- The rice will be perfectly cooked, if you find the rice to be crispy close the pot with the lid & keep it covered for a few minutes & the rice will turn soft.
- Enjoy as it is with raita or with your favorite curries or grilled chicken, steak or seafood.