Instant Oats turned into ladoos or rolls, delicious sweet rolls with heart healthy oats…
Recipes that I create instantly are usually the best. This is one such recipe that I made without much thought and effort. I browsed through the sweets that can be made for Diwali on my blog and shared the post on my FB cooking page. After a few minutes, I was struck with the idea of making oats ladoo or rolls. I couldn’t resist that thought, I hopped into the kitchen right away and started making oats rolls or ladoo. It only took me less than 15 minutes to whip up these delicious oats rolls.
- Ghee or Butter- 1½ tbsp
- Instant Oats- 1 cup
- Walnuts, chopped- ¼ cup
- Grated coconut- ¼ cup
- Sugar- ½ cup
- Milk- ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder- ⅛ tsp
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add ½ tbsp ghee, let it melt.
- Add instant oats and walnuts, roast for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a food processor, coarsely grind the roasted oats and walnuts together.
- To the same pan placed over medium heat add the ground oats and walnuts.
- Add coconut, sugar and cardamom powder, combine well and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp ghee, mix well.
- Slowly add milk and mix well, cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, let the mixture cool down completely.
- Make medium sized balls.
- Enjoy the delicious oats ladoo or rolls. You can store these rolls in an air tight container for a few days, or place it in the refrigerator.
You can replace walnuts with any other nuts of your choice.