Thai red curry chicken made in the Instant Pot, ready in just 15 minutes. Aromatic & flavourful Thai dish.
For making this dish, I’ve added Thai Kitchen brand red curry paste- my favorite brand. Red curry paste has garlic, shallots, lemongrass, galangal, coriander roots & kaffir lime peel-ground into a smooth paste. It’s packed with amazing aroma & flavors.
This curry can be served along with basmati rice, jasmine rice, or with rice noodles.
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Chicken breast or thighs, cubed- 2 breasts/thighs
- Red curry paste- 3 tbsp (I've used Thai Kitchen Brand)
- Kaffir lime leaves- 2 (optional)
- Fish sauce- 1 tsp
- Coconut milk, thick- 1 cup
- Red pepper, cubed- 1
- Orange pepper, cubed- 1 (or add 1 more red pepper)
- Coconut milk- ½ cup
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Green onions, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Cilantro, chopped- 2 tbsp
- Into the stainless steel pot- add onion, chicken, red curry paste, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce & 1 cup coconut milk, combine well.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select pressure cook setting- set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- After 5 minutes of pressure cooking, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Add red & orange pepper, ½ cup coconut milk, and salt.
- Select saute setting at medium temperature.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add green onions & cilantro. Combine well.
- Remove the stainless steel pot from the main pot, keep it covered.
- Serve with basmati rice, jasmine rice, or rice noodles. Enjoy!