Refreshing Summer salad…
Watermelon & feta cheese, complement each other greatly. The sweet watermelon, crunchy iceberg lettuce, pomegranate, slightly salty feta cheese along with the simple lime olive salad dressing, this is a winning Summer salad. The perfect salad to serve for an outdoor picnic on a warm Summer day.
- Watermelon, diced- 4 cups
- Iceberg lettuce, chopped- 1 cup
- Spinach leaves- ½ cup
- Pomegranate- ¼ cup
- Fresh mint leaves, chopped- 10 leaves
- Feta cheese, crumbled- 1 cup
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Freshly squeezed lime juice- 2 tbsp
- Garlic, grated- 1 tbsp
- Fresh ground black pepper- ¼ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients 'for making the salad dressing'.
- Whisk till slightly frothy. Keep aside.
- In a large salad bowl, add the watermelon & greens.
- Add pomegranate, fresh mint leaves; combine well.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Right before serving, pour the salad dressing & give everything a fabulous mix.
- Enjoy immediately along with grilled sandwich.