A savory dish with Pineapple…
This dish will excite your tastebuds, you’ll enjoy the mild tangy and subtly sweet taste of pineapple in this dish. A few times, I’ve turned pineapple into savory dishes, my favorites are Pineapple Pulissery or Kerala style pineapple cooked in coconut/yogurt gravy and Pineapple chicken. I enjoy the tangy-sweet taste of pineapple in savory dishes. This is a wholesome dish with the addition of red lentil and can be served with rice or chapati. I couldn’t help and I was seen drinking this curry, way too delicious it was.
Other Pineapple Recipes
- Garlic cloves- 2
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Black peppercorns- 1 tsp
- Pineapple, chopped- ¼ cup
- Water- 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil- 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Whole dried red chilies- 2
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig (optional)
- Red lentil, rinsed- ½ cup
- Water- 1 cup
- Chili powder- ½ to 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ½ tsp
- Pineapple, chopped- ½ cup
- Tomato, chopped- 1
- Water- 1 cup
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Mint leaves, chopped- 6 leaves
- Salt- 1¼ tsp
- In a blender, grind: garlic, cumin seeds, peppercorns, pineapple & water to a paste.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil, let turn hot.
- Add mustard seeds, let splutter. Add dried whole red chilies and curry leaves.
- Add the ground paste and ½ tsp salt, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add red lentil and 1 cup water.
- Cook covered for 15 minutes till lentil has turned soft.
- Open the lid.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder & ¾ tsp salt; combine well.
- Add chopped pineapple & tomato; combine well.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes till pineapple & tomato have turned soft. Do not over them.
- Taste and add more salt if required.
- Add chopped cilantro & mint leaves, combine well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and keep covered.
- Serve into a bowl, and enjoy with rice or chapati.