Mmm Mmm, melt in your mouth & delectable creme brulee with just 5 ingredients & cooked in the Instant Pot…
To ring in the New year, 2022 I made this scrumptious dessert & blown away by the rich creamy texture of this creme brulee. Hands down, one of the best desserts I’ve tried in the Instant Pot. I’m always on the lookout for simple recipes that call for minimal ingredients & this creme brulee recipe meets all my criteria.
With just 5 simple ingredients we can whip up this dessert. I’ve pressure cooked in the Instant Pot, for 12 minutes at LOW pressure followed by 15 minutes of natural pressure release. This is the perfect cooking time in the Instant Pot, creme brulee was cooked perfectly & wasn’t jiggly. For creme brulee, we have to caramelize the sugar and it will form a nice crystal on the top.
While digging into this creme brulee, enjoy the cracking sound of the caramelized sugar.
For making the perfect creme brulee, you have to ensure
- To use only the egg yolks, don’t add the egg whites
- Use heavy cream and not milk
- In the Instant Pot, pressure cook at LOW pressure for 12 minutes, followed by 15 minutes of natural pressure release
Give this recipe a try & indulge in this divine & heavenly creme brulee.
- Egg yolks- 6
- White sugar- 6 tbsp
- Heavy Cream- 2 cups
- Vanilla extract- 2 tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- White granulated sugar- 1 tsp/ramekin
- This recipe is for making 6 servings, for making 3 servings just half the recipe.
- Separate the egg yolks & whites, add the egg yolks to a large bowl.
- Add sugar & using a whisk combine well. Keep it aside.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream, do not replace cream with milk.
- Add vanilla extract & salt.
- Keep stirring and cook the cream for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Don't let the cream come to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Add half of the cooked cream to the egg yolks & sugar, using the whisk combine well.
- Add the remaining cream, combine well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 ramekins. Pour only ¾ of the ramekin.
- Using a spoon, break any air bubbles formed on the top.
- Cover the ramekins tightly with aluminum foil.
- Add 1½ cups water to the stainless steel pot.
- Place the trivet into the stainless steel pot.
- Stack up the ramekins on the trivet.
- In a 6 quarts Instant Pot, only 3 ramekins can be placed, so pressure cook in 2 batches.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select Pressure Cook, set the time to 12 minutes at LOW pressure.
- After 12 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Wear a mitten & take the ramekins out of the pot.
- Remove the aluminum foil, perfectly cooked creme brulee.
- If you find the creme brulee to be jiggly & center not cooked well, keep it back in the pot & pressure cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Allow the creme brulee to cool down for 10 minutes, after that chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Take the ramekins out of the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp granulated white sugar on the top.
- If you have a torch, use that to caramelize the sugar.
- Otherwise, broil in the oven.
- Turn on the Broil to high in the oven.
- Let the heating elements turn red hot.
- Place the ramekins under the heating element.
- Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, keep an eye if broiled for more than 4 minutes the sugar will burn.
- Remove the ramekins from the oven, let cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
- Caramelized sugar will form a beautiful crystal on the top.
- Top with berries & mint leaves,.
- Indulge in this rich & divine creme brulee. YUM!