Easiest yet delicious chicken korma cooked in the Instant Pot.
With just 3 spices, you can make a finger-licking delicious chicken korma. Most people have the notion that for making chicken curries a whole lot of spices have to be added. Well, not necessarily. For making this chicken korma, I’ve only added 3 spices and the taste of this dish is beyond delicious.
Simple recipe, incredibly flavourful & aromatic will certainly tickle your taste buds.
- Boneless chicken, diced- 2 breasts or thighs
- Ground black pepper- 1 tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Coconut oil- 1 tbsp
- Dried bay leaves- 2
- Onions, sliced- 2
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green chilies, halved- 2
- Tomatoes, chopped- 2
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Garam masala- ½ tsp
- Coconut milk- 1 cup
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- To a bowl, add boneless chicken season with ground black pepper, garam masala and salt; combine well.
- Select saute setting on the Instant Pot. The temperature should be medium.
- Add oil, let turn hot.
- Add dried bay leaves, saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions, season with salt.
- Add ginger-garlic paste & green chilies, combine well.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken.
- Add coriander powder & garam masala. Combine well.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Cancel saute setting. Select pressure cook setting, set the time to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- If you are using bone-in chicken, set the time to 12 minutes.
- After 8 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid.
- Add coconut milk & cilantro, combine well.
- Select saute setting, at medium temperature.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes till the gravy comes to a slight boil.
- Remove the pot from the main pot.
- Serve to a bowl, enjoy with rice, naan, paratha, roti, chapati, etc.