An easy to make snack with broccoli…
I’ve met a lot of people who dislike broccoli. I also know many who eat raw broccoli every single day. I am not a fan of raw broccoli but I love cooked broccoli in any form- soups, stir fries, roasted, mixed with rice, fritters etc etc.
The other day, I made fritters out of broccoli and it turned out good. It was a rainy day, hence I craved for a fried snack and this was perfect along with cardamom tea.
- Grated Broccoli florets- 1 medium sized broccoli
- Ground cumin- ¾ tsp
- Chili powder- ¾ tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt- ⅛ tsp
- Gram flour or chickpea flour or besan- ¾ cup
- Water- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Oil- enough to deep fry (or shallow fry the fritters)
- Remove the broccoli florets from a medium sized broccoli. Add to a food processor and coarsely grate it.
- Transfer to a bowl, add ground cumin, chili powder, garam masala and salt, combine well.
- Add gram flour, combine well.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp water and combine well, you should be able to make patties out of the mixture. Do not make the mixture watery.
- Heat enough oil to fry in a frying pan. Or pan fry the fritters in little oil.
- Make medium sized patties out of the broccoli mixture, place the patties in hot oil and fry till both sides turn golden in color and crispy.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Serve along with tomato ketchup or any of your favorite dipping sauce.