Instant Wheat dosa or crepes, that can be enjoyed with almost everything…
Making chapati from scratch can be time-consuming. On days if I want to whip up something real quick that can be enjoyed with curries, stews, or make into a wrap, I make this instant wheat dosa or crepes. All we have to do is make the batter & cook on a tawa & yes drizzle some ghee & you can enjoy the crepes right away. Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator or can be made well in advance.
For the next day breakfast, I just wrap an omelette in the wheat crepe; tastes yum & is healthy.
- Wheat flour or Atta- 2 cups
- Water- 2½ cup
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Ghee- as required
- To a blender jar, add wheat flour & water.
- I use the wheat flour or atta that's for making chapatis.
- If you prefer, you can also add an egg. I skip adding eggs.
- Blend to a smooth batter.
- Pour in a large bowl, add salt & combine well.
- Place a tawa over medium heat, let turn hot.
- Grease with oil or ghee.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on the hot tawa.
- Spread using the back of the ladle to a thin round shape.
- Drizzle some ghee.
- Let the bottom side cook & turn brown.
- Flip it over & let the other side cook as well.
- Transfer to a plate & enjoy warm with any kind of curries.
- Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator.
- The next day for breakfast, make egg wheat crepe wraps.
- In a bowl, beat 2 eggs. If you prefer you can add any seasonings, add mixed veggies like green pepper, spinach, green onions as well.
- Pour the egg on a hot pan & let the egg cook for a minute.
- Place the wheat crepe on the omelette & cook for 2 minutes. It will be glued to the omelette.
- Flip it over & let the other side cook for 2 minutes.
- Wrap it & enjoy, perfect healthy breakfast.