Moist & delicious carrot loaf cake…
I was introduced to carrot cake by my husband. In fact, he was the one who baked it for the first time and I just had to sit back & enjoy it. It was delicious, very moist, and the perfect cake to have with a cup of coffee or tea. Whenever we craved carrot cake after that, my husband volunteered to bake it.
I truly enjoy baking; it’s therapeutic for me, and after all the work, I get to enjoy something yummy as well. This year-2023, I’m baking at least one cake per month so that I can try different kinds of cakes and share the recipes with you guys.
The other day, I baked a carrot loaf cake. Although my husband is the carrot cake expert, this time I wanted to bake it.
A carrot loaf cake is simply a carrot cake that is baked in a loaf pan, rather than a traditional round cake pan. This gives the cake a unique shape and makes it easy to slice into individual servings.
Carrot cake is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for generations. However, if you’re looking for a healthier option that’s still packed with flavor, then a carrot loaf cake may be the perfect choice for you.
I tweaked the carrot recipe I used to follow a bit; I replaced 1/2 cup of sugar with condensed milk and reduced the amount of oil as well.
The carrot loaf cake turned out super moist, with a crunchy outside, and tasted absolutely delicious- not too sweet so anyone without a huge sweet tooth can also enjoy it.
I skipped the frosting, however, I drizzled 1/2 tbsp condensed milk over my slice & it tasted so delish- give it a try!
Carrot loaf cake drizzled with condensed milk- yum!
- Grated carrots- 2 cups
- All-purpose flour- 2 cups
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 1½ tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Ground cinnamon- 1½ tsp
- Eggs- 4
- White sugar- 1 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk- ½ cup (or add ½ cup sugar)
- Vanilla extract- 1½ tsp
- Oil- ¾ cup (light olive oil or any flavorless oil)
- Chopped cashew nuts- ¼ cup
- Chopped almonds or pecans- ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- Grease a loaf pan generously with melted butter, keep it aside.
- Grate 3 medium-sized carrots, we need 2 cups of grated carrots.
- In a large bowl, combine together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt & ground cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, crack 4 eggs at room temperature.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs at high speed till they turn fluffy.
- Add white sugar, condensed milk & vanilla extract, beat at high speed till the mixture turns creamy & pale in color.
- If you don't have condensed milk, you can replace that with ½ cup sugar.
- Add oil & beat well for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mix, beat at low speed for a minute, don't overbeat the batter.
- Add the grated carrot & using a spatula fold the carrot into the batter.
- Add the chopped nuts & fold them well using a spatula.
- Pour the cake batter onto the prepared loaf pan.
- Place the cake pan into the preheated oven in the center rack.
- Bake for an hour or till a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake pan out of the oven, let cool down for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife through the sides of the cake & the pan, this will detach the cake off the pan.
- Take the cake out of the pan & place it on a wire rack or a platter.
- Let cool down completely.
- Using a bread knife, slice the loaf cake & enjoy.
- I didn't make any frosting, here is what I did, I drizzled ½ tbsp condensed milk over the sliced cake, tasted delish.