Crispy & delicious chocolate chip cookies…
Finally, I made chocolate chip cookies. This is one of the most popular cookies in the US, can be seen in almost all coffee shops and you will be treated with this when you visit most houses too.
The traditional way of making these cookies involve the addition of both white and brown sugar. I love the addition of brown sugar to my cakes and cookies, it gives a brilliantly nice caramelized flavor. This is an easy-to-make recipe and the cookies turn super crispy.
Making chocolate chip cookies video
- Butter, unsalted and at room temperature- 1 cup or 2 sticks
- Eggs, large- 2
- Granulated white sugar- ¾ cup
- Light Brown sugar- ¾ cup
- Vanilla extract- 1½ tsp
- All purpose flour- 2¼ cups
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Semisweet chocolate chips- 1½ cups
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 175 C.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt together, keep it aside.
- If using stand mixer: Add the butter into the stand mixer bowl, using the paddle attachment beat at high speed till creamy.
- Or you can use an electric hand mixer.
- Add white and brown sugar, beat for 2 minutes. Using a silicone spatula scrape down the sides of the bowl for even mixing.
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and beat well for a minute.
- Add the combined flour, baking soda and salt, beat until well incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a silicone spatula.
- Add chocolate chips and fold them into the batter using a spatula.
- You can use semi-sweet, milk, bittersweet or white chocolate chips, or use a combination of the chips.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For making large sized cookies, drop 2 tablespoons of cookie batter onto the baking sheet.
- For making small sized cookies, drop 1 tbsp of cookie batter.
- Leave at least 7 inches of space between each cookie, cookies will expand while baking, if places close by will stick to the eachother.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 18 minutes till golden brown around the edges & the center of the cookies will be soft.
- Take the baking sheet off the oven and let cool down completely on a wire rack.
- When the cookies are out of the oven they will be soft, when they cool down will turn firm & crispy.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea or milk.
Can also be kept in the freezer, make balls out of the cookie batter and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze them, after they are frozen, place the frozen dough balls in a ziploc bag and keep them in the freezer.
While baking, place the frozen dough balls on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 F preheated oven- have to be baked for 20 to 25 minutes till the cookies turn golden brown.