Eat healthy Stay healthy…
Easy lunch or dinner recipes that can be whipped up in just 30 minutes.
On weekdays, I make quick-fix meals for lunch & dinner. Quick fix doesn’t mean it has to be unhealthy & greasy. You can whip up healthy & delicious dishes in just 30 minutes.
Here are the dishes
- Instant Pot 5 Minute Red Lentil Spinach Soup
- Mixed Vegetable Vermicelli
- Air Fried Salmon
- Green beans with caramelized shallots stir fry
Mixed Vegetable Vermicelli Recipe
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Onion, chopped- 1
- Celery, chopped- 1 rib
- Carrot, diced small- 1
- Green pepper, chopped small- 1
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1½ tsp
- Garam Masala- ½ tsp
- Salt- 1½ tsp
- Vermicelli- 2 cups (cut into 2-inch slices)
- Ghee or Butter- 1 tbsp (optional)
- Water- 2 cups (or add chicken or vegetable stock)
- Cilantro, chopped- ¼ cup
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil, let turn hot.
- Add onion, season with ½ tsp salt. Saute, let the onion turn translucent.
- Add the veggies, cook covered till veggies turn slightly soft. Any kind of mixed veggies can be added.
- Add the spices & 1 tsp salt, combine well.
- Add vermicelli, combine well.
- I've added the vermicelli that's cut into 2-inch slices, not the long vermicelli.
- Add ghee or butter, saute for 3 minutes till vermicelli turns aromatic.
- Add water, combine well.
- If you want this to be flavourful, chicken or vegetable stock can be added instead of water. Add less salt if adding the stock.
- Cook covered for a few minutes till vermicelli turns soft & the water dries off.
- Open the lid, cook for a few minutes till the water dries off.
- Remove the pan from the heat & keep it aside for a few minutes before serving- vermicelli will set well.
- This can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
Or add cooked shredded chicken after cooking the veggies.
Air Fried Salmon
- Salmon steaks- 2 to 4
- Paprika- 1 tsp
- Ground cumin- 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper- ½ tsp
- Salt- ¼ tsp/steak
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Add all the spices & lemon juice to the salmon steaks.
- If you prefer more heat, replace ground black pepper with 1 to 1½ tsp chili powder.
- Combine well. Any kind of your favorite seasonings can be added.
- Place the salmon steaks on the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes.
- Or can be baked in the oven-preheat the oven to 400 F & bake for 10 to 15 minutes.