Healthiest dosa made with Quinoa…
The best part is that no fermentation is required for making this dosa. Quinoa is a superfood or super grain is packed with protein, fiber, and various vitamins and minerals. It is also gluten-free and is recommended for people who are on a gluten-free diet. Quinoa along with oats & lentils are soaked for a few hours, ground into smooth batter & made into dosas.
Healthy, nutritious & instant dosas, can be served with any kind of curries, chutney or make a warp with egg/omelette for breakfast.
- Quinoa- 1 cup
- Instant or rolled Oats- ½ cup
- Moong dal- ½ cup
- Red lentil- ½ cup
- Urad dal or black gram- ½ cup
- Chana dal- ½ cup
- Water- enough to make a smooth batter
- In a large bowl, soak quinoa, dals & oats in water for 4 hours.
- After soaking, rinse everything well in water taken in a strainer.
- Grind to a smooth batter, add just enough water to make a smooth batter.
- You can make the dosas right away or allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Pour the required batter into a bowl, add salt.
- Place a cast iron tawa or non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Grease with ghee or oil.
- Pour the batter using a ladle, spread using the bottom of the ladle.
- Drizzle some ghee.
- Cook over medium heat till the bottom side turns golden & crispy.
- Flip over & let the other side cook as well.
- Enjoy the dosas warm along with chutney, sambar, or veg/non-veg curries.
- Leftover batter can be kept in the refrigerator for a few days.
- For breakfast, make quinoa dosa wraps with omelette.