Eat healthy & Stay healthy…
Healthy & easy lunch or dinner recipes that can be whipped up in just 30 minutes.
Say goodbye to fried chicken and say hello to air-fried chicken that tastes exactly like fried chicken. I make a homemade marinade with Indian spices to marinate the chicken, the marinade will greatly enhance the taste & flavour of the chicken. I served the air-fried chicken with Asian-style Orzo cooked in the Instant Pot for just 3 minutes.
Easy & Healthy Instant Pot Air Fried Chicken Recipe
- Chicken, leg-thigh pieces- 3 to 4
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ¼ tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Cumin powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2 tsp
- Chaat Masala- 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt- ¾ tsp
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Water- 2 tbsp
- In a bowl, combine all the spices along with lemon juice & water, make it into a smooth paste.
- Adding chaat masala will enhance the taste & flavour. It’s salty so add additional salt accordingly.
- Spread the marinade all over the chicken.
- Chicken leg-thigh or leg pieces are ideal for making this.
- Let the chicken marinate for 15 to 30 minutes. Or can be marinated in the refrigerator overnight.
- I’ve used Instant Pot Duo crisp + Air fryer.
- Place the stainless steel pot into the main pot. Place the air fryer basket into the stainless steel pot.
- Place the broil tray on the air fryer basket. Grease the broil tray with oil.
- Place the marinated chicken on the tray.
- Spray non-cooking spray on the chicken.
- Close the Instant Pot with the air fryer lid.
- Select Air fry. Set time to 30 minutes, temperature 400 F. Click start.
- After 30 minutes of air frying, open the lid.
- Use tongs to take the air-fried chicken out of the Instant Pot.
- Enjoy while it's warm along with salad or rice.
-How to roast in the oven: preheat oven to 400 F or 200 C, place the marinated chicken on a baking tray, place the tray in the preheated oven, roast for 30 to 40 minutes until the chicken has cooked well. Halfway through, flip over the chicken & continue to roast.
3 Minute Instant Pot Asian Style Orzo | Dump & Go Recipe
- Mixed Veggies- 1½ cups (carrot, green beans, peas, green pepper)
- Soy sauce- 2 tbsp, low-sodium
- Hoisin sauce- 2 tbsp
- Ground black pepper- ¼ tsp (or add 1 tsp chili sauce)
- Orzo- 1½ cups
- Water- 2 cups (or add chicken or veggie stock)
- Sesame seeds- ½ tbsp
- Sesame oil- 1 tsp
- I've added mixed veggies like carrots, green beans & green pepper. Peas & corn can also be added.
- Into the stainless steel pot, dump all the above-mentioned ingredients except sesame oil. Combine well.
- For 1½ cups orzo, add 2 cups water or chicken/veggie stock.
- Close the pot with the lid.
- Select Pressure cook setting, set time to 3 minutes at high pressure.
- After 3 minutes of pressure cooking, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid. Combine the cooked orzo.
- Add sesame oil & combine well. Sesame oil will greatly enhance the aroma of this dish, so don't skip it.
- There will be some moisture in the pot. Remove the stainless steel pot from the main pot & keep the pot covered for a few minutes, orzo will absorb all the moisture.
- Serve into a bowl & enjoy with air-fried or grilled chicken, fish or steak or enjoy as it is.
In the Instant Pot, orzo will be cooked perfectly in just 3 minutes of pressure cooking.